Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mensaje de Katka

Este es un mensaje que nos escribio Katka a Rocío, Alicia y a nosotros los estudiantes de Kanankíl, aquí se los dejo:

this is what I want to write to you and Alicia and other students now:
Now I can see the conversation between Rocio and Alicia from a different point of you, because of Pavel´s visit of Kanankil these days and his visit of shelter. He shared with us how it looks and works.. and I was crying when reading his comments, I was touched by the circumstances these people live in and the social system.. It so, so different here and there! I´m sure Pavel told you a lot so I am not going to explain it more, I was just shocked and touched and thinking about it for days.. I also realized the importance of your work, the work of all of you who study addictions and psychotherapy and wanna help the situation. And the work of all of you who put yourselves in the work with people there in the shelter...
You all have a great respect from me for the very emotionally (above all) demanding work you do.
I also realized the big misunderstanding in the Kanankil - Prague session when Alicia was talking about her experience with a client. She found her in this place and now I can understand much better, why it was so heartbreaking for her.. We translated the word "shelter" as it is in a dictionary and that means here a place, where everyone is for his own dissicion and can leave whenever he wants and all other things I´m sure Pavel told you about. So, my thinking was influenced by the bad translation and a absence in my mind of a possibility of existence of such a place... I would say a different thing being a team now. Alicia, hope you understand what I am trying to say...
I let everyone now from the Prague group about what had happend. See you all soon!
Katka

No comments:

Post a Comment